ISTQB® Certified Tester - Advanced Level, Security Testing
This Advanced Level Certified Security Tester syllabus is intended to build upon the knowledge of a Foundation Level tester who has some experience in security testing and who wishes to build on that knowledge.
- Plan, perform and evaluate security tests from a variety of perspectives – policy-based, risk-based, standards-based, requirements-based and vulnerability-based.
- Align security test activities with project lifecycle activities.
- Analyze the effective use of risk assessment techniques in a given situation to identify current and future security threats and assess their severity levels.
- Evaluate the existing security test suite and identify any additional security tests.
- Analyze a given set of security policies and procedures, along with security test results, to determine effectiveness.
- For a given project scenario, identify security test objectives based on functionality, technology attributes and known vulnerabilities.
- Analyze a given situation and determine which security testing approaches are most likely to succeed in that situation.
- Identify areas where additional or enhanced security testing may be needed.
- Evaluate effectiveness of security mechanisms.
- Help the organization build information security awareness.
- Demonstrate the attacker mentality by discovering key information about a target, performing actions on a test application in a protected environment that a malicious person would perform, and understand how evidence of the attack could be deleted.
- Analyze a given interim security test status report to determine the level of accuracy, understandability, and stakeholder appropriateness.
- Analyze and document security test needs to be addressed by one or more tools.
- Analyze and select candidate security test tools for a given tool search based on specified needs.
- Understand the benefits of using security testing standards and where to find them
It has been my pleasure to work with iSQI for many years on a variety of projects. I have found the entrepreneurial spirit, flexibility and professionalism from iSQI top class. more >
ITCB Israeli Testing Certification Board
The ITCB and iSQI have shared a strong partnership from iSQI’s very beginning in 2004. As a result of this professional partnership built on mutual trust, both ITCB and iSQI have gained vastly throughout the years of successful collaboration.more >
"iSQI has been a partner of IREB from the very first hour. The international success of the CPRE is strongly associated with the partnership IREB has with iSQI. We are looking forward to another 10 years of partnership!" more >